Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sat smoking in the foyer with all the lights out, looking out onto the small loggia and the driveway beyond. It reminded me of a night when I was about nine years old, in my parents' house. Everyone in the house except me was fast asleep. I walked to the living room in the dark and just sat there, looking out through the double doors made of glass and wrought iron. The scene outside was washed in moonlight and positively enchanted. I stayed there as long as I could because I knew I would never see a night like that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment