Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Monday, December 3, 2018

I love that the dragon tree is on the east side of the driveway, directly across my captain's cabin bedroom. I have a small, emergency door that opens out onto the driveway, but it is always locked and is never used. On certain nights, though, when it is midnight and my bedroom lights are off, I can hear elfin music and elves' carousing from the tree. Sometimes the sounds come from my sister Alice's little garden, on the north; the music there, though, is always from an elfin rondalla. Not to be confused, of course, with the human music and human carousing from M.'s cafe, on the south side of our house.

It is such a joy to drift sweetly into sleep with all these sounds of celebration surrounding me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment