Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Worked an hour on thirty-sixth glaze, then Aubrey and R. arrived from university.

During my last visit to Cheloy Dans, the artist who taught me oil painting when I was in sixth grade, she told me many stories about her life as a mother. When her children were grown, some of them told her, quire resentfully, that she was not there for them. She was caught by surprise at this accusation. I know that, being an artist, she was often immersed in her work unmindful of the other people around her.

I learned much from Cheloy's anecdote. That is why, even when I am in the midst of writing or painting, I drop everytyhing when my children and grandchildren are at home and need something, even if all they want me to do is talk to them or listen to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment