Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Before I retired I often conveniently left our house behind and focused on my work. The house no longer existed during those times, only my work did. Today I am amazed at the number of things that happen around our house (or other people's houses in the neighborhood) at all hours in the day: the people who come and look around--unexpected visitors, delivery persons, electric and water meter readers, sales persons, strangers--accidents that happen in the street, items in need of repair not visible at night but visible in the day, the way the light from the sun affects everything at different times, and so on.

It was difficult for me to have lived in two worlds, the world of my employment and the world of my home. I imagine how much more difficult it must be for people have more than one house and more than one job.

No comments:

Post a Comment