Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My sister Remi invited me to lunch at her place--her THIRD birthday celebration this week. I'd finished my painting and could now hang loose. My sister Alice and I came early, took lunch early, and left early. The lunch was really for my sister Remi's former high school classmates at St. Scholastica's anyway. I remember Babsie Paredes from when I was in grade school. I was eleven or 12 at the time and she was the first liberated woman I ever met, and to think that women's lib would get established in the Philippines only in the 70s. Remi said that I should also remember Cristy Matias, though I couldn't; I wonder now whether she is the sister of Al Matias. Baby Barredo was also invited, but I don't know whether she showed up or not after I left. She wouldn't have remembered me. Bibot Amador might have, had she still been alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment