Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Monday, February 18, 2019

Lunch at home with Ben. Angelique in college and Aubrey at university.

My sisters invited me to have lunch with them at the center but I couldn't leave Ben alone.

Bought food at the hawkers' stands. John had something special today, bamboo shoots cooked in coconut milk. I recall that the last time I brought home labong was many years ago, when the Embassy sent me to do a workshop at a drug rehab center in Quezon Province. Behind the center was an old bamboo grove, and a staff member harvested shoots for me before I went back to Metro Manila.

In the Philippines, there are two Trees Of Life: the bamboo and the coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment