Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Sunday, January 20, 2019

My Complete _OH Cards_ Battery

These are the only components I want and need.





My Tan Doo Cards, a component of my OH Cards Set. (I have the original OH Cards [the foundation cards], Cope [for traumatized persons] Saga [using narrative in expressing life issues], and Ecco [cards with abstract patterns used to counsel persons who are resistant and who may feel threatened by concrete images].)

The Tan Doo cards are used to diagnose and heal wounded relationships between couples.

I use the set: 1) for clinical counseling, 2) for teaching creative writing, and 3) believe it or not, as Tarot cards.

I conduct this battery with individuals and in small groups. I consider programs conducted en-masse as shallow and ineffective.

The cards were designed for couples of all genders. I administer them with both spouses present. They, not I, choose the cards that best reflect their relationship. Sometimes it is advisable to include children in the session and ask them to choose cards that they think reflect their parents' relationship.



Complementary cards to the Tan Doo image cards. The couple (and, perhaps, other family members) are asked to choose the warning signs that exist in their current situation.




My Ecco cards--another component of my OH Cards set. The cards are comprised of abstract patterns and are administered to clients who have high levels of resistance and feel threatened by concrete images. One has to be a psychologist AND a visual artist, though, in order to fully understand and maximize the cards, aside from being able to interpret them accurately.

The cards are also useful in counseling bipolar persons and persons who are subject to schizophrenic fugues.

A skillful psychologist/artist will be able to access a client's issues by his choice of cards alone.



Browsed through a Web site selling Tarot cards and found this anomalous inclusion of Personita, a subset from the OH Cards. Bought it immediately to include in my collection.

Personita is used in counseling emotionally and mentally disturbed youth. It has two decks: a portrait deck depicting various, ambiguous, facial expressions, and a shadow deck comprised of stick figures, used for especially resistant subjects.

So far I have the OH base deck, Cope, Saga, Tan Doo, Ecco (cards with abstract art), and now Personita (this deck, though, is a Chinese reprint, but I am able to use it even without the manual).



My youngest sister Sylvia sent me the original Personita from Sydney as well. Persona (for adults) and Personita for children are essentially used to determine a subject's self image and social image.

Mythos is comprised of archetypal, fairy and mythical tale cards. The subject is asked to select cards and put them together to create a story of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment