Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (May 15 - October 19, 2018) at tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook40.blogspot.com.

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet

At Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet
2013, at Highest Point, Kiangan, Benguet, during the conservation project for the Kabayan Mummy Caves. Funded by the Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and the National Museum of the Philippines. Photo by JR Dalisay

Sunday, January 20, 2019

I always tune in to the group praying of the Holy Rosary on TV right before the station signs off on Sunday night. The group prayer centers me, relaxes me, calms my mind and my heart, and lowers my blood pressure.

I note that almost everyone still recites the grammatically wrong line "Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to heaven especially those who need most of Your mercy." I think that correcting the last phrase with "those who need most Your mercy" will always lead people to trip back into the erroneous line. To make the correction effective, the word "most" should go BEFORE the word "need". Thus, "those who most need Your mercy". Better still, so that those words don't get jumbled up again, "those IN most need OF Your mercy".

No comments:

Post a Comment